JKCP Employment Overview
JKCP is a great place to work. It’s more than a job, it’s an experience.
From a few weeks in the summer to full-time employment, you’ll be wowed by the dynamic atmosphere, unforgettable environment and rich mix of cultures. No matter which JKCP program you are working with or which position you hold, you’ll find a friendly, diverse and eclectic group of students and staff from around the world.
We believe an exceptional staff is the key to our success. We are always looking to expand our team with energetic, responsible people who enjoy working with teens and their families.
For you. Or someone you know.
Explore our employment pages and you’ll discover why so many people, nationally and internationally, want to be a part of our team.
Know someone who should work for JKCP? We offer great bonuses for employees you recommend to us.
- Tennis Professional — At the Julian Krinsky School of tennis, we’re always looking for a few good pros that embody the spirit of the school’s founder. In short, applicants should be enthusiastic, entertaining, personable and – above all else – knowledgeable of the ins and outs of the game. Tennis professionals offer specialist tennis instruction to campers. Your duties will include teaching tennis, offering supervision and directing tennis related activities for your campers. Tennis professionals predominantly stay residentially. Tennis professionals need to display strong skills, the ability to communicate these skills and be personable. If you feel you match these criteria, please click the “apply now” tab and take the first step in the process to begin your career with us! I promise, you won’t regret it!
- Golf Professional — If you’ve ever shopped around for places to improve your summer swing, you know that there’s golf camp and there’s Golf Camp. We’re looking for pros that can both take a student’s game to the next level and create summer memories that will last a lifetime. Excellence required; par for the course simply will not do. If you’re up for the challenge, reach out to us by clicking the “apply now”. Golf Professionals offer specialist golf instruction to campers. Your duties will include teaching golf, offering supervision and directing golf related activities for your campers. Golf professionals predominantly stay residentially. Golf professionals need to display strong skills, the ability to communicate these skills and be personable.
- Teachers — We’re always looking for instructors at our summer programs who step outside the box and take education to a new and entertaining level. If you prefer wandering the campus, going off the beaten path, shocking your students and blowing things up to prove your thesis, than this is the gig for you. Like all of our other positions, we want to use your passion and knowledge to prepare students for the school year ahead, forge unforgettable experiences and facilitate the friendships that will last a lifetime. Whether your specialty lies in Physics or Phys. Ed, click “apply now” and let us know that you’re interested in joining this team of dynamic like-minded professionals. We have numerous subjects that are taught at our various programs. These positions are predominantly offered as day positions; however, the possibility exists to have teachers or professionals work and stay residentially. All teachers and professionals need to foster a love for their subject. Your communication skills and depth of knowledge must be able to engage and excite campers with dissimilar levels with regards your subject knowledge.
- Residential Advisor — If you DON’T love kids or if you’re not able to make an extraordinary summer spectacular, then this is NOT the job for you. If, on the other hand, you want to join an organization that puts student fun as its number one priority and want to bring your unique talents to an international team dedicated to this mission, please click “apply now” and tell us all about yourself. We’d love to meet you and hear your ideas for an amazing summer.
- Director — Do you have what it takes to be a leader? Are you up for the challenge of managing hundreds of students and dozens of staff members from across the globe? If you’ve answered yes to both of these questions, than you have exactly half of what it takes to be a great Residential Director. To complete the equation, though, you must be able to accomplish all tasks, while simultaneously fostering an on-campus culture of fun. I know, this is a tall order. If, however, you think you have what it takes, please click “apply now” and we’ll start the interview process right away. A Director is responsible for the entire program of designation. Directorships are offered predominantly as residential positions; however, there are a few day director positions available within the Philadelphia area. Responsibilities include training and managing staff, providing custodial care for campers within the program, administrative duties, and communication with parents. Applicants must have a strong background in working with children and experience managing staff previously. In addition, applicants will need to be personable and demonstrate great communication skills with an ability to lead.
- Assistant Director - An assistant director is responsible for the entire program of designation, but reports directly to the director of the program. Assistant directorships are offered predominantly as residential positions; however, there are a few day assistant director positions available within the Philadelphia area. Responsibilities include training and managing staff, providing custodial care for campers within the program, administrative duties, and communication with parents. Applicants must have a strong background in working with children and experience managing staff previously. In addition, applicants will need to be personable and demonstrate great communication skills with an ability to lead.
- LPA - The LPA is responsible for key components within the programs of designation, and reports directly to the JKCP Residential Director. LPA positions are residential positions. LPA’s have numerous administrative and supervisory tasks that relate to staff and campers. As an LPA you will need to be personable, displaying strong leadership abilities and great communication skills. You will also manage personel and tasks in order for your program to run efficiently and as directed.
- Registered Nurse - Nursing positions exist in both residential and day capacities. Duties pertain to maintaining the general health and well being of the camp, administrative duties, communicating with doctors, emergency personal and parents. Nurses must have an RN certification and need to be personable, professional and have a love for working with children.
- Bus Driver - Bus drivers need to have a current CDL license and prior experience having transported children. Bus drivers need to be personable, professional and have a love for working with children.
Don’t see the right position for you here? We always welcome resumes and cover letters sent via email to email@example.com
• A private room with an air conditioner or fan
• Three meals per day
• JKCP staff shirts to wear during working hours
• Money for meals out when you’re required to work off campus during a meal time
• Admission to attractions you are assigned to attend with campers
• Workman’s compensation
• Transportation from a nearby airport or train station to camp
• Basic first aid by a registered camp nurse. Plus, most residential counselors will get to see attractions by accompanying campers on some of the evening and weekend excursions. You’ll also have one day off per week (except the first and last week of camp) to spend how you like. You certainly won’t be able to fit in everything there is to see in our area. In fact, you’ll probably want some “down time” to recuperate on your days off. So, you might want to spend some time at the end of summer once camp has ended to do some sight seeing with the new friends you’ve made.
370 Lancaster Ave
Haverford PA 19041-0333U.S. contact person for J-1 Exchange Visitor Program:
• The visa page in your passport
• The photo page of your passport
• Your I-94 document that should be attached to your passport.